A function can be schema bound only if the following conditions are true:
- The function is a Transact-SQL function.
- The user-defined functions and the views it references are also schema-bound.
- The objects that the function references are referenced using a two-part name.
- The function and the objects it references belong to the same database.
- The user who executed the CREATE FUNCTION statement has REFERENCES permission on the database objects that the function references.
- SCHEMABINDING cannot be specified for functions that reference alias data types or CLR functions.